Read and learn. Learn and use wisely. Do not forget.
Check out my other blog 🙂
The Daily Post writes for me…refer to this post for the “Formal language” part of the English vs. Engrish
If superfluous commas, misplaced apostrophes (looking at you, it’s/its, they’re/their!), and sentence-ending prepositions make you flinch in horror, you’re in the right place. We take grammar seriously at The Daily Post; my fellow editors and I can often be found quibbling and nitpicking over tenses, modes, and — you guessed it — punctuation. Good writing, though, isn’t merely about adhering to rules. It’s also about knowing how and when to break them. Today, let’s talk about grammar — and the kinds of liberties you might consider taking with it.
View original post 802 more words
TROLLING 101 WITH MOCHI (ahahahaha)
Note: This only applies to trolling in Empire – different sites will have different trolls. BE PREPARED. XD
Trolling gets a really bad reputation on the Internet these days. It’s not hard to see why; trolls anger people, make them irritated, and when asked for a reason why, they simply answer “for the lulz” or something along the lines of that. This post isn’t to ENCOURAGE people to troll, it’s just that when people don’t troll correctly (and don’t get me wrong, there are MANY ways to troll; this post is just listing a few), they become even larger targets of trolling. Thus you could say, this post is to “protect” people from being targeted by trolls.
Basic trolling can be organized into these categories:
1.) Smart-Alec Trolling
Smart-Alec trolling is exactly what it sounds like; being a smart-alec and picking at tiny details. The end result will usually be a very very irritated opposition. The trolling targets several of these points:
- Typos: Typos are the easiest mistake to target. “Don’t luagh at me!” —> “Luagh? Pardon me, but I haven’t encountered the word ‘luagh’ before. Would you care to give me a definition?”
- Logical Fallacies: Circular arguments work best here – drag the ideas around until they don’t know what they’re talking about.
- Vocabulary/Grammar: “Their vs. They’re vs. There” somebody’s bound to get it wrong some time.
- ——->Whatever you think should be added<—–
2.) Insane Trolling (definitely not recommended)
- Swearing rants: Well, I’m not sure if I want to go into the very details of this troll. Just..let loose those strings of curse words.
- Spam: Who doesn’t appreciate a nice overload of messages? Recoding of JQuery and the like (depending on the chat).
3.) Sarcastic Trolling
- Hormonal Teenager: I don’t mean to be stereotypical or anything – some teenagers are NOT affected by hormones – but hormonal teenagers do have the uncanny ability to get on your nerves (to the teenagers reading this post, it’s not your fault! It’s the pituitary 🙂 so don’t be offended). Anyhow, use aaalll that pent up sarcastic energy you had from your teenager years (or currently have) and use it here.
- ….Is there more to say about this topic? It’s just sarcasm – be FRESH.
I HOPE that this lesson (XD the notion of teaching a lesson about trolling…I still haven’t quite gotten over that yet. *is currently in fits of laughter) if not “educational” has at least entertained you for the few minutes that you spent reading it. 😀 Comment/Follow!
The following posts will be about what kind of language people should use when posting things on Empire. Though it sounds really professional and such, that’s actually not the case. There are several methods of writing you can use when posting on Empire:
- Troll: Sarcasm, jokes, pick-up lines, the usual.
- Formal Speech: Good grammar, diverse vocabulary, well used transitions, etc.
- Casual: Not much to say here..just everyday speech.
- Literature: Whatever type of writing that fits best with the genre you are writing about.
We hope this will help improve the posts on Empire and help everyone communicate with each other clearly!
Happy New Year to all~
Let’s make it a successful year for the Empire.
Empire Mochi is also known as the EMPIRE ACADEMY. Here at Empire Academy, you’ll learn all about how the Empire works, the history of the Empire, and the ever so important FAQ. The REAL FAQ. You’ll also (maybe) get the chance to learn about members in the Empire by reading their profiles.
Please do not get the Empire Academy mixed up with the Empire forum. The Empire forum is used as the REAL hub for Empire members, guests, and staff. The Empire Academy is just a place for the members and staff to tell about the story of the Empire – think of the Academy as a giant FAQ but a lot more interesting.
Also, if you’re wondering why the title of the site “Empire Academy” doesn’t match up with the site link, it’s because there was a slight mistake in matching things up…
ANYWAYS. Have fun here and if you’re interested, feel free to contact any of the staff members or Mochi to join the Empire.